Looking for an outdoor cat house for winter? I know how important it is to ensure that your cat is well protected during the winter months. As a cat lover, what I’ve done is put together a listing of the top 5 of the best cat houses that are well suited for winter!
Your cat will love the fact that it has it’s own area to call “home”. Each of these structures are built to last, are very comfortable, and will provide your cat with the comfort that it deserves. No need to worry, your cat will absolutely love these cat houses!
|1||K&H Manufacturing Outdoor Kitty House||K&H Manufacturing||Outdoor Cat House||$56.47|
|2||The Kitty Tube Gen 3||Kitty Tube LLC||Outdoor Cat House||$154.99|
|3||TRIXIE 3 Story Cat House||Trixie Pet Products||Outdoor Cat House||$72.24|
|4||Winter Warm FOLDABLE House||SF Net Trading||Outdoor Cat House||$26.99|
|5||Petmate Kitty Kat Condo||Petmate||Outdoor Cat House||$68.06|
- Heated & unheated models available
- Perfect for any outdoor cat
- Water-resistant for use outdoors
- Heated model features our patented heating system
- 2 door flaps included with heated model
- This House will withstand the Elements and provide comfort and security to outdoor cats
- Two entry/exit points that outdoor cats need
- Easy, no-tools-required assembly
- Durable, strong, "Guaranteed tough"!
- 10 year Manufacturer Warranty
- Easy assemble in a second. Inner dimension: 18"x17"
- NO feet - will need to put something underneath to lift up the house to prevent the water from getting in
- Ideal shelter for outdoor cat with back escape door, so pet can't be trapped by predators
- Will fit 1 cat under 15LBS
- Good match with indoor and outdoor decoration
- The Kitty Tube Gen. 3 -Feral option with straw. "The Kitty Tube- Generation 3 is Guaranteed to keep the weather out" The Kitty Tube is simply the highest quality, best insulated outdoor cat house on the market today!
- Comes with awnings and removable clear flap door. The Kitty Tube provides an economical, safe and secure home for up to 3 cats. The Kitty Tube's unique door design will also protect your cat from predators. Alley Cat Allies and Feral Fixers Approved.
- The Kitty Tube includes enough bulk straw to allow up to two fresh layers of bedding and is fully insulated on floor, walls and roof with high quality, high R value insulation.
- The built in lifting handles can be adjusted to supply full flow through ventilation for the summer and can be closed to retain heat in the winter.
- The Kitty Tube is environmentally friendly, made from post consumer recycled content and is proudly MADE IN THE USA. The Kitty Tube shell is guaranteed for life to never chip, crack, or fade. By purchasing our products, you are supporting many American businesses and their families. See website for instructional videos to install Kitty Tube accessories.
- Includes a carpeted floor for warmth & to encourage scratching for healthier claws
- Rain diverting hood directs runoff away from entry
- Non-porous surfaces discourage fleas or other pests from nestingSome assembly required
- Wipe with soft cloth and mild cleaner
- Durable cat house keeps pet warm in winter and cool in summer
Choosing A Cat House For Winter
Sometimes we forget to take our cats indoors in cold weather because we assume cats are adapted to living outdoors. Leaving a cat outside in the cold for an extended period can affect the cat’s health. Cats love the warmth just like many people do.
When it comes to cats that spends time outdoors, however, you may want to provide a unique place to allow them to warm up to freezing temperatures. Again, due to their fur, they can endure temperatures that are several degrees colder than we can tolerate. Any snug house that is above the ground and has any drafts obstructed will allow a cat to stay warm just from its body heat.
Also for cold winter nights, there are now fully insulated homes for your cat that can keep him or her nice and cozy warm on even the coldest windy nights. Soft and extra durable floor padding keeps the chilly weather from coming in.
Why Buy A Cat House
Pets are very dear to us and if you own a cat there are many reasons as for you to invest in a cat house
• Carrying your cat.
They are lightweight, portable cat house that are suitable for transporting your cat from one place to the next. This cat house can fit in your car or you can have a walk while carrying the cat in it.
•To avoid allergy.
If you love cats but you are allergic to its fur then its time for you to consider buying a cat house so that the fur is mostly confined in a specific area.
• For resting.
If you own an outdoor cat you need to get a cat house where it can rest especially at night.
• To shield your cat from harsh weather.
You need a cat house for both indoor and outdoor cats to keep them warm during winter. You can get an insulated cat house.
•For critical care.
Consider buying a cat house if your cat is sick or has a disability.
Will Your Cat Love Their New Home?
Cat houses come in all shapes, designs and sizes. We spend time in a pet shop choosing the ideal one and imagining our cat exploring the new cat house. For our cat to love the new house as much as we do, the key is understanding the cat’s behavior.
After buying the new cat house choosing the appropriate location is crucial. Which is your cat’s preferred corner? Cats usually find a secure spot, not in the middle of a room or a noisy part of the home. They love a corner where they feel protected.
Height, another important aspect as they do not want to miss on any happenings. Now take some cloth or cushion the cat loves having already the cat’s scent. The scent is important for your cat, it will outweigh any scents from the shop.
Now the cat is ready to be introduced to the new house. Give the cat some time to discover and sniff around. Do not be taken aback if there is low interest initially, cats take their time to adjust and every cat has its own character. As you can see an outdoor cat house for winter is a must have! Be sure to bookmark Cuddly Cats for more insightful cat information!